When searching for information about hotels we are considering, we like to view photos and read information shared by recent hotel guests. To return the favor, we occasionally post iPhone photos along with notes from our recent hotel stays.
In late September, we enjoyed a 2-night weekend stay at the JW Marriott Marquis hotel using Marriott Rewards points for one night and paying for one night. The hotel is located at 255 Biscayne Boulevard Way in the heart of downtown Miami. The photo above was the sunrise view from our bedroom in the Bay View Suite #2402.
We came to Miami to visit friends, and one of the highlights was dinner with them at Chef Daniel Boulud’s DB Bistro Moderne on the first floor of the hotel.
Our bottom line on the JW Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel:
- The hotel offers an excellent location in downtown Miami.
- This hotel would be an ideal for a luxurious pre- or post-cost stay in Miami.
- The hotel staff — ranging from the valets to the front desk to the executive lounge — was welcoming and professional.
- We stayed two nights, using Marriott Rewards points for 1 night. As a Category 8, a one night stay requires between 35,000 and 40,000 Marriott Rewards nights. We considered the hotel to be a terrific use of points.
- If you stay, don’t miss dining in the DB Bistro Moderne.
What’s your favorite hotel in downtown Miami? Please share in comments below.
We often stay in Marriott-brand hotel properties. Check these posts for a look inside some of our favorites:
- A Peek Inside the Ghent Marriott Hotel in Belgium
- A Peek Inside the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
- A Look Inside the Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection
- A Peek Inside the San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
- A Peek Inside the Budapest Marriott
- A Look Inside the JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai, India
If you are on Pinterest, you might want to follow our hotel board.