As a Platinum-level Marriott Rewards member, Mr. Jones usually chooses the extra 500 Reward points in lieu of the Platinum Amenity Gift. As we were a little peckish upon our arrival, we chose the wine and cheese amenity at this Marriott. It was a great decision as the cheese and wine delivered to the room were artfully served and delicious.
Breakfast was served each morning in the Coeur d’Artichaut restaurant which is located right behind the windows in the historic part of the hotel. While only the continental breakfast was included, it was a hearty buffet of fruits, yogurts, cereals, pastries and much more.
Our bottom line on the Ghent Marriott Hotel:
- The location on the river in the heart of historic Ghent could not be more beautiful or perfect for exploring.
- The hotel is an amazing combination of 16th century historic charm with a modern, glass-domed interior.
- The rooms are tight but constructed as to maximize space; they also feature every modern amenity.
- We used Marriott Rewards points to fund our 2-night stay. The hotel is a Marriott Rewards Category 7 hotel.
Are you a Marriott Rewards member? What’s your favorite Marriott hotel? Please share in comments below.
You might want to check out these other Marriott hotel posts:
- A Peek Inside Different Marriott Hotels Around the World
- Comparing 3 Marriott Hotels for Pre/Post Cruise Stays in Fort Lauderdale
- Trying the “Park Here, Stay Here, Fly There” Promo at Kansas City Airport Marriott
- A Look Inside the JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square Hotel
- A Look Inside the Residence Inn Montreal Airport Hotel