We made a quick trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico earlier this week, staying three nights at the San Juan Marriott Resort using Marriott Reward points. Here’s a quick photo tour of our oceanfront room.
Take a quick peek into Room 1810 of the San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, located along Condado Beach. This room is considered a King, Oceanfront, with Balcony. There’s a floor plan of this type of room on the Marriott website.
Our bottom line impressions of the San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino:
- The property is well-maintained, despite being a bit dated like most hotels in this area of San Juan.
- We enjoyed breakfast in the top-floor executive lounge, which features a wrap-around outdoor deck for a great view of San Juan.
- The newly renovated lobby bar — the Red Coral Lounge — provides the perfect spot for cocktails, appetizers and people-watching. It has fantastic bartenders, and seems as popular with the locals as with the tourists.
- The attached Stellaris Casino is welcoming, and smoke-free, at least in the part we visited.
- The pools are well-maintained, with a water slide, swim-up bar and organized activities, although a little crowded for sun chaise space.
- The hotel is in a good location in the heart of Condado Beach. From a public bus stop near the front door, it is a $.75 cent bus ride to Old San Juan. Be sure you have quarters for the bus.
- The front desk and concierge deck are both busy, but staffed with helpful, efficient professionals. The hotel offers a helpful package of information on tours, sites, restaurants and getting around San Juan at check-in.
- The hotel’s oceanfront rooms like 1810 are compact but comfortable, with terrific views from the balcony.
- As a Category 6 hotel in the Marriott Rewards program, one night costs 30,000 points. We’d stay again.
What’s your favorite hotel in San Juan? Please share in comments below.
You may also want to take a quick look inside these other hotels”;
- A Peek Inside the Prague Marriott Hotel
- A Peek Inside the Four Seasons Hotel-Denver
- A Peek inside the Stanford Court Renaissance Hotel – San Francisco
- A Peek Inside the Hilton New York Fashion District Hotel
- Photo Friday: The Infinity Wedding Chapel