We recently disembarked from a cruise on the Seabourn Sojourn in Mumbai, India.
While we departed from cruise around 9 a.m., our flight out of Mumbai did not leave until 3:30 am the next morning. It’s very common, it seems, for flights to Europe or the U.S. to depart from Mumbai in the wee morning hours between 11 pm and 3 am.
Mr. Jones had stayed at this hotel a few years before on business, and knew that it was a luxurious property favored by business people and Bollywood celebrities, as well as being relatively close to the Mumbai International airport.
This hotel is not close to the cruise port. In morning traffic, the drive from the port to the hotel took about 1.5 hours.
We appreciated the motorized shades that allowed the room to be completely darkened during the daytime.
Our Bottom Line on the JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai:
- This hotel is an oasis from the intensity of Mumbai; it’s cool, calm, peaceful and luxurious.
- Its location is a long drive from the cruise port and main tourist sites, but is only a 20-30 minute drive to the airport.
- The Juhu Beach location is nice for sunning, shopping and being near Bollywood. Outside of the hotel, there is a Starbucks nearby.
- The hotel staff is hospitable and gracious; however, they are not always efficient by Western standards.
- Suite 244 is huge and spectacular.
- The pool complex is spacious with multiple pools.
- You never have to leave the hotel during a short stay. The hotel features five different restaurants, a bar/nightclub, a deli and a book/gift shop as well as other shopping opportunities.
- We ate at the huge Lotus Cafe in the lobby area that overlooks the lotus pond. The buffet stations were featuring the tastes of Punjab, India, and we enjoyed a tasting our way through diverse Indian foods that were made to order at each station.
What’s your favorite hotel in Mumbai, India? Do you stay for business or for fun? Please share your thoughts in comments below.
For a look inside more hotel rooms, check out these posts”;.
- A Peek Inside the Four Seasons Hotel-Denver
- A Peek Inside the San Francisco Marriott Union Square Hotel
- A Peek Inside the Prague Marriott Hotel
- A Look Inside the Conrad Centennial Singapore Hotel
- A Peek Inside the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel