There’s a joke that the best views in Budapest are from this Marriott, because when there you don’t see the Soviet-era hotel building.
While not as attractive as the more historic buildings along the river, inside, the Budapest Marriott is a lovely hotel.
Our room, #939 was at the end of the hallway on the ninth floor, a very quiet location. Inside, the room is all about the view. Even on an overcast day, the view of the Danube and the Buda side of the city is spectacular.
Our Bottom Line on the Budapest Marriott
We stayed using Marriott Rewards points.
The Budapest Marriott is a Category 6 reward level, costing 30,000 points per night with the fifth night free. We considered it a good use of our points.
- The hotel appears to host many conventions and tour groups; sometimes over-running the lounge.
- The hotel staff is helpful and most are fluent in English.
- The location makes the hotel ideal for a pre-river cruise stay in Budapest.
- We would stay again at this hotel.
Have you visited Budapest? What’s your favorite hotel?
Check out these other posts on Budapest…
- World Class Food at Borkonyha Wine Kitchen in Budapest, Hungary
- Eating Our Way Through Budapest With Taste Hungary