School has started and summer is fading fast. Despite the heat, summer 2012 has offered us many colorful memories.
1. Roller coasters — lots of roller coasters — with our niece Justina in A 10-Year-Old Rates the Rides at Worlds of Fun.
2. Colorful seats in the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. Take a free tour of Kansas City’s newest gem.
3. Craggy mountains, cloud-filled skies and twisting rivers make for a scenic ride on Amtrak’s California Zephyr between Denver and San Francisco.
4. Giraffes and zebras below added excitement to the African Sky Safari, when exploring the Exploring the Kansas City Zoo With a 6 Year Old.
5. Pink sand, crystal clear water, and blue skies are just part of the spectacular Views from Bermuda’s Tobacco Bay Park.
2012 has been a colorful summer, and it’s not over yet.
What destination or event added color to your summer?
You also may be interested in these Friday Photo posts”;
- Photo Friday: Stromness, Orkney Islands, Scotland
- Photo Friday: Swamp Shade
- Photo Friday: Space Needle Sunset
- Photo Friday: The Barbary Apes of Gibraltar
- Photo Friday: The Andes From My Window