Although it’s from a Princess cruise I took three years ago, this post: Is the All-Inclusive Beverage Package on Princess Cruises a Good Deal? remains popular with readers of this blog.
What’s new and different with the Premier Beverage Package on Princess Cruises?
- The cost has increased. The Premier Beverage Package retails for US$59.99 per day (with an additional 15% service charge for all itineraries except Australia). For a 7-day cruise for a cabin with two guests that comes to $965.84 ($59.99 x 7 x 2 = $839.86 + $125.98 service charge.)
- If you are traveling on a different length of cruise, take the number of days times $68.99 per day to determine the cost for your Premier Beverage Package.
- Unless you are sailing on a Princess ship based in Australia. On Australia-based vessels the package price is in AUD and is inclusive of the service charge for a total price of $86.99 AUD per day.
- The package offers a wider range of drinks and better value.
- All beer, wine by the glass and cocktails up to US$12 are included, compared to the previous limit of US$10.
- The new package includes a 25% discount on ALL bottles of wine, whereas the previous discount included bottles under $100 only. This can add up to substantial savings, especially on premium wines and Champagnes like Opus One and Dom Perignon.
- The beverage package can be used on the cruise line’s Private Islands and at all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service. (But not for drinks from room service or the in-suite mini-bar.)
- Princess is now limiting the number of alcoholic drinks to 15 per day (to each person purchasing the package.) Sharing drinks is strictly forbidden.
- The Premier Beverage Package includes an unlimited number of non-alcoholic beverages including mocktails, fountain sodas, bottled water in 500 ml bottles, fresh juices, specialty coffees and teas, Frappes at Coffee & Cones and Red Bull energy drinks.
Some other important notes on the Princess Premier Beverage Package:
- Guests must purchase the Premier Beverage Package for every day of sailing.
- Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package (before September 20, 2017) or took advantage of our Sip + Sail promotion will benefit from this newly updated package.
Are you are fan of Princess Cruises? Will you purchase the new Premier Beverage Package during your next cruise?
- Trying Out San Francisco’s New Cruise Ship Terminal at Pier 27
- Dining at the Crab Shack on the Star Princess Cruise Ship
- Exploring San Diego’s USS Midway Museum
- A Look at the Sabatini’s Menu on Princess Cruises’ Star Princess
- A Look Inside Interior Cabin B-625 on the Star Princess Cruise Ship
- A Quick Visit to Ensenada, Mexico via the Star Princess Cruise Ship
- How Joining a Roll Call on Cruise Critic Made My Solo Cruise a Blast
- Touring Los Angeles and Hollywood on a Princess Cruises’ Excursion from Long Beach