While sailing recently on Princess Cruises’ 7-day California Coastal cruise on the Star Princess, my new shipboard friend Angela and I decided to try the Crab Shack casual dining experience.
The crab is delicious. The peel & eat shrimp are very messy.
This is the better entree choice with two kinds of crab.
For dessert, there was some kind of non-memorable chocolate cake. But who needs dessert after all of that seafood?
In addition to being on the Star Princess, the Crab Shack dining option can be found on the Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Emerald, Golden, Grand, Island, Regal, Royal and Ruby Princess ships. The venue operates between 6 to 9 pm on select evenings during a given cruise.
I found this to be a unique and fun cruise ship dining experience.
It is very casual for a specialty restaurant, but serves high-quality seafood in a fun environment.
Have you dined at the Crab Shack on a Princess Cruises ship? What did you think about the experience? Please share in comments below.
Check out these other posts on my recent California Coastal Cruise on the Star Princess:
- Trying Out San Francisco’s New Cruise Ship Terminal at Pier 27
- Views from the Star Princess Cruise Ship
- A Look at the Sabatini’s Menu on Princess Cruises’ Star Princess
- A Look Inside Interior Cabin B-625 on the Star Princess Cruise Ship
- A Quick Visit to Ensenada, Mexico via the Star Princess Cruise Ship
- How Joining a Roll Call on Cruise Critic Made My Solo Cruise a Blast
- Touring Los Angeles and Hollywood on a Princess Cruises’ Excursion from Long Beach