An Invitation to Share Your Travel Discoveries on This Blog
TravelingWithTheJones is about Sharing Travel Discoveries. We enjoy reading about other travelers’ insights before we visit a place, almost as much as we enjoy creating our own.
We accept guest posts from other travelers.
To be considered for publication, posts need to be written and submitted according to our Guest Post Guidelines below. Guest posts will be fit into the schedule as they are received; generally no more than 1-2 guest posts will be published during a single week. See a sample guest post here.
Guest Post Guidelines
If you have unique travel discoveries or travel tips to share, along with 3-4 related photos that you personally took, you have the ingredients for a guest post on this blog.
Your post should be on one of six travel topics, written from a first-hand experience.
- Travel Tips
- Destination Discoveries (close to home or in a remote corner of the world, but the more unique the better)
- Cruises and Cruise Ports
- Food & Wine Discoveries
- Hotel or Resorts That You’ve Stayed in
- Tours You’ve Experienced
Your post cannot be an advertisement for a product or a sponsored post.
- Your post must be original and not have been previously posted anywhere on the internet or in print.
- You agree not to publish the guest post anywhere else, including your own blog or Web site. However, you may post a brief summary or “teaser” on your site that links to the post.
- You may provide up to three links in your three to four sentence bio: one for your blog or Web site, one for your bio, LinkedIn profile or About page, and one for your Twitter username.
- Your post should be a minimum of 350 words long and no more than 800 words.
- Your post should close with a question designed to stimulate comments.
- Your post should have 3-4 supporting photos that you personally took, or that you can legally grant the rights to share with attribution.
- Photos should be horizontal in orientation, be sized to 700 X 525, and be submitted as a .JPG file. Include photo captions and photos credits, if required.
- You submission should also include a thumbnail size headshot photo of yourself, for use with your brief bio.
We reserve the right to edit your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If the edits are substantial, we will email the revised post to your approval.
We may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context, and/or to add reference other posts or materials after the end of your post. If done, we will set our comments clearly apart from your post.
We give you advance notice when your post will run. When your post goes “live” we’ll promote the post through our social networks and we encourage you to do the same.
We appreciate your interest in sharing your travel discoveries, and we hope that you will continue to engage with our audience of fellow travelers by reading and commenting on our posts.
Submitting Your Post
If your post meets these guidelines:
- Please email it here for consideration. Allow up to two weeks for a response.
- Please include a three to four-sentence byline that includes what you do, along with your blog address and up to four links as described above.
- Please include the post in the body of the e-mail. DO NOT include it as an attachment and do not include HTML coding.
If your post is not accepted for publication, you will be notified, and are free to publish it elsewhere.