Before our Holiday cruise to ring in the New Year, we stayed two nights at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel.
This hotel is one of our favorite places to stay before a cruise out of Port Everglades, because it is conveniently located close to the airport, the cruise port, and is within walking distance of a number of pre-cruise shopping destinations. We’ve shared photos and have written about this hotel before, but this is the first time we saw the swimming pool, which is hidden on the ground floor and reached by going outside of the lobby bar.
The only downside is that it does not have many windows, hence natural light is limited.
The hotel has a bar area that serves food is just off to the side of the lobby. Outside of the glass doors leads to the swimming pool and hot tub.
On weekdays, the hotel has a small executive lounge on the top floor. Impressively, when it was overrun during the busy holiday season, the lounge host sent overflow guests to the first floor restaurant with a voucher.
Our bottom line on the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel:
- It’s a great location in Fort Lauderdale for an overnight stay prior to a cruise departure or after a return. It’s also conveniently located to the cruise port, and to numerous dining and shopping options within walking distance.
- The hotel is a category 6 hotel in the Marriott Rewards program, requiring 25,000 -30,000 points per night for a free stay.
- The staff is friendly and efficient.
- The hotel was very crowded over the holidays, as were most Ft. Lauderdale hotels.
Have you stayed in the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel? How would you rate the hotel?
For a look inside more hotel rooms, check out these posts:
- A Peek into Room 207 of the Cotton House Hotel in Barcelona
- A Look Inside the Cotton House Hotel, Barcelona
- A Look Inside the JW Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel
- A Look Inside the Hilton Garden Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port