We were in Atlanta, staying by the airport, on a Saturday night.
Looking for some good food, and a glass of wine or two.
We searched online for “Atlanta’s Best Wine Bars.”
One of those we found was named after one of our favorite cities for food and wine, Barcelona.
It was only a 14-minute drive to the Inman Park neighborhood, according to our GPS.
Off we went.
The Inman Park neighborhood –we learned –is located two miles east of downtown Atlanta and is a mecca for new condos. Street parking was a challenge but we found paid parking nearby.
It seemed that everyone in Atlanta had also decided to go to Barcelona. Crowds of people were spilling out the front door into the street.
Finally we worked our way into the bar, finding first one seat that eventually opened up into two.
Wow, were we glad we stayed:
- Friendly and efficient staffers are the bar offered tastes of wine before pouring your glass.
- A large selection wines by the glass, including lots of Spanish wines that you would find in a typical wine store.
- Incredible tapas such as grilled hangar steak with black truffle sauces.
If we lived in Atlanta, we’d be regulars at Barcelona.
Do you have a favorite wine bar in Atlanta?
Other wine-related posts that you might enjoy…..
- The World’s Oldest Grape Vine in Maribor, Slovenia
- House of Morandé, Casablanca Valley, Chile
- Cruising into Bordeaux, France
- Visiting Napa Valley? 9 Wineries to Try
- A Perfect Lunch in Sonoma Wine Country
- Enjoying Wine Round the World