In July, we spent the last night of our 3-night post-cruise visit in the Netherlands at the new Hilton Amsterdam Schiphol Airport hotel. As with previous stays, we find this airport hotel very convenient for a 1-night stay before a morning flight out of Amsterdam’s busy Schiphol airport.
The reverse is also true: the new hotel is an oasis for travelers with late-night arrivals into Schiphol.
Alternatively, if you are transferring to the hotel from downtown Amsterdam, your driver will deliver you to the hotel’s front door.
In our case, we used Uber to transport us from the Hilton Amsterdam Hotel (where we had stayed two nights) to the Hilton airport hotel for our last night in Amsterdam.
Once checked into our room, we took a moment to look down over the hotel lobby. In the upper left-hand corner of the photo above you can see the Axis Lobby & Cocktail Bar, where we later enjoyed a light meal and cocktails.
Axis is clearly not your standard airport hotel bar, as evidenced by the detailed Gin and Jenever menu that includes gin tasting flights. It’s nice to experience a little Dutch culture at the airport.
While the view from our room’s diamond-shaped windows showed just how close we were to Schiphol’s busy runways, we could not hear a sound. Excellent sound-proofing is invaluable when you only have a few hours for sleeping before an early flight.
If this shower doesn’t provide enough stress relief, the hotel also offers a full range of massages, facials and other treatments at the Eforea Spa.
Or guests can fit in a workout at the hotel’s 24-hour Fitness Center.
Impressive bouquets of colorful, fresh flowers are another reminder that you are in the Netherlands, the world’s flower trading powerhouse. The world’s largest flower market is at Aalsmeer, a Dutch town only eight miles from Amsterdam.
After a good night’s sleep, we walked about 15 minutes via the enclosed walkway from the Hilton hotel directly into the Schiphol Airport to catch our departing flight. It was a relaxing experience compared to leaving a downtown hotel in the early dawn hours to reach the airport.
Staying at the Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Hotel with Hilton HHonors Points
We stayed at the Amsterdam Hilton Hotel using Hilton HHonors Points. As a Category 7 hotel, a single night costs 30,000-60,000 Hilton HHonors points, depending on the time of year as well as supply versus demand. Even at the high end of this point range, we consider this hotel to be a good use of HHonors points.
Our bottom line on the Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Hotel:
- The hotel has a terrific location for travelers arriving into Amsterdam Schiphol late in the evening or needing to depart on an early morning flight. From the airport arrivals area, you simply walk to the hotel via an enclosed walkway by following signs to the Hilton hotel.
- The new hotel features stunning design and contemporary decor with all of the latest amenities.
- The Executive Lounge provides terrific views for enjoying evening appetizers and cocktails. Breakfast is offered to Hilton Diamond members in the lounge or in at the first floor Bowery Restaurant.
- The soundproofing at this hotel, crucial for one so close to a busy airport, is impeccable.
- The only downside we found was that hotel temperature was a little warm for a sunny, July day.
Have you stayed in the new Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Hotel? How would you rate it?
For a look inside more hotel rooms, check out these posts:
- A Look Inside the Hilton Belfast Hotel
- A Look Inside the JW Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel
- A Peek Inside the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel
- A Look Inside the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
- A Look Inside the Cotton House Hotel, Barcelona