One weekend in late July, we made a 2-night stay at the Hilton Minneapolis Hotel in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota.
While the Hilton Minneapolis is linked to the convention center, our stay was for a weekend getaway to meet a friend and explore downtown Minneapolis.
Here is a look inside Room 2146 of the brick high-rise hotel.
This is the view from the window of room 2146 on the 21st floor of the Hilton Minneapolis hotel. The building with the four domes is the convention center. We were curious about the moose we could see out the window in the green space in front of the convention center.
When we explored the area, we learned the sculpture was an “animated moose” created entirely from recycled materials. Visitors could make the moose move by peddle power on the bicycle and by pulling the rope to move its head. The area also has a similarly-crafted wolf that you can see in the right corner of the photo above.
The Hilton Minneapolis hotel provided a good ‘home base’ for us to explore Minneapolis on foot. Visiting the Mill City Museum was one of the highlights of our brief weekend stay.
Our bottom line on the Hilton Minneapolis Hotel:
- The hotel is in a good location to explore downtown Minneapolis, or to attend events in the convention center.
- Our room’s decor was modern and up-to-date, but we would describe the hotel’s public spaces at dated.
- There was a major group event at the hotel, which caused elevator waits of more than 15 minutes.
- The Executive Lounge was overcrowded and overwhelmed on a Saturday morning.
- The attached underground parking garage is a huge benefit, particularly in Minnesota winters.
- The hotel is a category 5 hotel in the Hilton HHonors program, requiring 30,000 – 40,000 points per night for a free stay.
Have you stayed in the Hilton Minneapolis Hotel? How would you rate your experience at the hotel?