On June 27th, we sailed on Holland America Line’s ms Maasdam on a 7-Day Canada and New England cruise from Montreal to Boston. The ship was in Sydney, Nova Scotia on July 1, Canada Day, and ended in Boston on the U.S. Fourth of July celebration.
While we’ve sailed on most Holland America ships, this was our first cruise on the ms Maasdam, a 1,258 guest-capacity ship launched in December of 1993. The ship’s name was inspired by the Maas River in the Netherlands.
The Crow’s Nest on the Maasdam also features floor-to-ceiling windows all the way around the space, making it an ideal spot for indoor viewing. Depending on the evening schedule, this area also features either a live band or a DJ.
We were delighted with the ms Maasdam, and the 7-Day Canada and New England itinerary.
Have you sailed on Holland America’s ms Maasdam? What was your impression? Please share in comments below.
Check out these posts to look around other cruise ships:
- Views from the Star Princess Cruise Ship
- A Look Around Holland America’s Nieuw Amsterdam
- Setting Sail from Singapore on the Seabourn Sojourn
- A Look Around the World’s Largest Cruise Ship, the Allure of the Seas
- Cruising With a 12-Year-Old: A Day at Sea on the Oasis
- Views from the Seabourn Pride